The advancements in gaming design and technology is not hidden these days. It has offered many lucrative career opportunities to graphic designers and animators. One can pursue any of the gaming designing courses to earn a lot in the future. If you are looking for a cost effective game designing course, then it’s time to get your BA in game design.
Students, who apply for BA in Game Design course or program, must be skilled and passionate about psychology, storytelling, design and history. The program is best for those who have a strong foundation in fine arts and English composition. This amazing program allows students to reach out for the possibilities that one can make through reel fantasies.
Materials Required For Application
In order to get considered for admission, applicants of undergraduate degree programs need to submit a few materials. Such as:
- High school transcripts
- Application fee
- University and College transcripts (if applicable)
- Scores for SAT or ACT
- Application essays
Along with the requirements mentioned above, some other requirements include:
· Art portfolio (compulsory for all the applicants to show eligibility in BFA in Animation and Digital Art program; optional for Bachelor of Arts in Game Design.)
- Financial Responsibility Form (compulsory for international applicants)
- Science and Mathematics requirements (Compulsory for all applicants from Science stream; recommended for BA in Game Design.)
- Performance portfolio (compulsory for all applicants to check eligibility for BA in Sound Design and Music program)
- Proof of proficiency in English language (for non-native applicants)
Game Design applicants may also need to submit some of the following optional materials in combination to the compulsory items: copies of paintings and drawings, photographs of urban environments or landscapes, digital art in printed versions, level design sketches, or copies of maps. Only original appliciant creations will be considered.
What you’ll learn?
Students pursuing the BAGD program will take part and focus on the below mentioned subjects:
- Foundational topics like animation techniques, drawing, composition, tone, color along with academic subjects like computer science, mathematics and physics.
- Development and Game design, including history, game mechanics, design documentation, programming and scripting, 3D and 2D level design and environmental art, with character design.
- Social sciences and Humanities courses such as sociology, psychology, art history, economics, English composition, and world history.
Graduates of this program can pursue various careers in the video game industry, such as Game Designer, Environment Artist, Experience Designer, Level Designer, and Character Artist.Google+